I am sorry it has taken me so long to post this! I made these muffins for Meera’s birthday party (there was a photo of them in this post – click). Several people have requested the recipe, I had promised I’d post it, and I’m finally getting to it. These muffins are the most delicious, moist berry muffins I’ve ever made. For the past couple of years I’ve been searching for a good strawberry muffin recipe to make around Meera’s birthday, and have tried several recipes for strawberry muffins… finally I found a real keeper! Try these and you’ll see what I mean!
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM MINI MUFFINS
Makes 24 muffins
1 cup strawberries, slightly under-ripe, diced into quarter-inch pieces
1 squeeze of lemon juice
1 cup flour
½ cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 tsp. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400. Line a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with paper baking cups.
2. Put diced strawberries into a bowl, spritz lemon juice on them and stir gently to combine.
3. In a medium-size bowl, stir together flour, sugar and baking powder.
4. In a small bowl, beat together oil, sour cream, vanilla and egg. Pour mixture over dry ingredients, stirring to combine with a wooden spoon. Fold in strawberries.
5. Divide batter evenly among the paper cups in the mini-muffin tin. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
6. Place tin on a wire rack and leave for 5 minutes. Take out the muffins and continue cooling them in the paper cups on the wire rack. When muffins are completely cool, place the powdered sugar in a small sieve. Shake sieve lightly to dust the muffins with sugar. Serve.