Kyle loves blueberry muffins. They are definitely one of his favorite foods — if not his favorite (it is sort of neck-and-neck between blueberry muffins and a grilled, medium-rare, sirloin strip steak). He doesn’t like candy at all. He generally doesn’t like cookies, cakes, or sweets of any kind. But he loves blueberry muffins.
And he is pretty much a blueberry muffin connoisseur. Not just any old blueberry muffin will do.
So, this summer, I’ve worked hard to perfect a recipe for a super simple, “homemade,” blueberry muffin that will make Kyle a happy Muffin Man.
And folks, here it is. A great, easy, 5-minute (I swear!), ‘cheater,’ blueberry muffin recipe that results in what Kyle claims is the best blueberry muffin he’s ever had. (And trust me, he’s had many.)
* * *
Beach House Blueberry Muffins
- Buy a box of Krusteaz brand “Wild Blueberry” Muffin mix.
- Buy (or pick!) some fresh blueberries.
- Mix ingredients according to the directions on the box— with two exceptions: 1) Discard the tin/can of “wild blueberries.” Switch in, instead, about one cup of fresh blueberries. Note: do not over mix. Be sure to just barely combine the ingredients, and gently fold in the blueberries. 2) Add about one teaspoon cinnamon.
- Using 12 cupcake wrappers, placed in a muffin tin, evenly distribute the muffin mixture amongst a dozen muffin cups.
5. As a special little somethin’ somethin’ I place one blueberry at the center/top of each muffin. (This makes ‘em look real pretty when they’re baked!)
6. As another special little somethin’ somethin’ I sprinkle each with about a teaspoon or two of sugar. (This also makes ‘em look real pretty when they’re baked!)
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 16 minutes (no more! no less!). Take them out, and immediately take the muffins out of the tin. Place on plate, or wire rack, to cool for a minute or two (or five).
8. Share with your loved ones. Blueberry muffin lovers will love these!
9. They are awesome warm, straight out of the oven. They are also great the next day, and even the next (if they last that long).